[OSM-dev] Problems with Mapnik's python-bindings

Jannis Achstetter kripton at kripserver.net
Wed Jul 30 02:31:05 BST 2008

Hello list,

I try to implement a tile-server with on-the-fly-rendering using
FastCGI. Now I've got problem with Mapnik's python-bindings:

When I use image.tostring I get what I expect (the complete rendered
image as a string. Same with image.save (saves the complete image to a
file and view.save (Saves only the selected view to a file). BUT
view.tostring gives me exactly the same as image.tostring though the two
images created with *.save DO differ (it does NOT give me only the
selected view as string as I expected).

Is there a way to get a specified view as string?

Jannis