[OSM-dev] PUT /api/0.6/{node|way|relation}/{id|create}

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 9 17:31:47 BST 2008

Dave Stubbs schreef:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Stefan de Konink <skinkie at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Tom Hughes schreef:

>>> I repeat myself. The query string is already irrelevant.
>> Steve:
>>> it doesn't, toms point (which I agree with) is that it shifts
>> So *remove it from the specs*! If you don't depend on it.
>>

> It isn't in the specs?
>
> query_string != request URL

In that case remove the request URL... to make it more clear...

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.5#Basic_Methods_for_Object_Access_and_Manipulation

PUT /api/0.5/<objtype>/create
PUT /api/0.5/<objtype>/<id>

Since what is provided contain an XML payload, where the first child
will be the objtype that is created or updated. It is already clear that
an update is an object that does have an id. And a create is an object
that doesn't have one (or equals 0 to follow DTD).

Stefan