[OSM-dev] PUT /api/0.6/{node|way|relation}/{id|create}

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 10 18:46:31 BST 2008

SteveC schreef:

> On 9 Jun 2008, at 20:26, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> The payload should be validated anyhow. And going to the 'first' child
>> is an operation that should happen too.
>>
>> So if this is only because 'rails needs it' I hope the C++ guys or my
>> code can replace this ugly duplication soon.
>
> really, there are more important things to 'fix'.
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

I thought you were the non-academic guy.

> it makes the routing work
> it makes each controller separable
> it looks nice
> it has some logic behind it

It is not required, thus the high performance API server could ignore it
;) The routing itself could also be done based on the request type.
GET/POST/PUT.

> all you're advocating is like going back to something awful like XMLRPC
> with a single endpoint.

Am I? I'm just looking at the requirement and reducing the amount of
checks, back to what is actually required for 'creates/updates' but keep
it as pretty outside as you want, I guess mod_rewrite got a usable boost
by Wikipedia too...

Stefan