[OSM-dev] Question about .bz2 file parsing

Fire Girl firegirl at amorous.com
Sat Jun 14 07:26:52 BST 2008

 Wow, that is excellent.  I had this right under my nose and didn't know
it!

I installed Java 5 on my Windows XP 64 bit machine, and then the Java 5
version of Osmosis.  It took me a moment to re-orient myself.... but I
think I made a little progress.... but have a slight knowledge gap how to
parse commands with it.

If I put the Java 5 version of Osmosis in a directory, and then run this
command from a prompt,

java -jar osmosis.jar

I get back:

INFO: Osmosis Version 0.24.1-java5
INFO: Preparing pipeline
INFO: Launching pipeline execution
INFO: Pipeline executing, waiting for completion.
INFO: Pipeline complete.

... but I am really unsure where to go from here, and how to actually run
Osmosis commands as presented at that Wiki page? :-)

Could you please point me in the right direction, if possible? :-)