[OSM-dev] Ruby-port api local use

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jun 19 00:13:41 BST 2008

In message <44d06e000806181421l72532569p9a43e502330d50f at mail.gmail.com>
          "Alex Wilson" <alex_wilson at pobox.com> wrote:

> A quick and a dumb question: I've been trying to get the ruby port working
> in order to compare the api query from it with the results of our C++
> implementation of the api. I've imported a uk sub-section of world using
> planetosm-to-db.pl into a mysql db - it seems to be successfully populated.
> The local version of the server is up and running and in development mode.
> However I get errors from the ruby when attempting to use the map query. Can
> anyone help - or tell me which M to RTF? The error follows:

As Jon said, the problem is that planetosm-to-db.pl does not, by
default, associate the objects it loads with a user. That confuses
the rails code, which expects to be able to check whether to reveal
the username by looking at the associated user object.

If you have a created a user you can use the --user switch that I added
to planetosm-to-db.pl to associate records with a user when importing
them.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)