[OSM-dev] Google Map Maker

Tim Waters (chippy) chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:12:04 BST 2008

I bet they trialled this tech when making their maps in India about a year ago:

"We've done about 50 cities now, in their completeness, with driving
directions and everything - completely done by having locals use some
software we haven't released publicly to draw their city on top of our
photo imagery." Michael T. Jones [1]

>  Other than that, I think it's a positive development because OSM will
>  automatically get some of the publicity by means of contrast.

time to batten down hatches for potential slashdotting?

--
[1]http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/08/google-uses-crowdsourcing-to-c.html