[OSM-dev] Flash Player on Linux

Sebastian Queißer s.queisser at freenet.de
Tue Mar 4 11:27:25 GMT 2008

Hi Richard!

On Di, Mär 04, 2008 at 10:31:54 +0000, you wrote:
> I've had several reports that typing international characters in
> keys/values on Potlatch doesn't work on Linux:
>
> [...]
>
> Could any Linux users out there confirm this? In particular, I'd be
> interested to know if:
>
> - it's still an issue with the latest Flash Player
> - copying and pasting the characters from another app fixes the issue
I can confirm the bug. I use iceweasel 2.0.0.12 (firefox) with the
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115 plugin on linux 2.6.22. I can neither enter
characters like öäüß nor paste them from other apps. Pasting doesn't
work at all.
Moreover exclusively pressing the "Alt Gr" key leads to strange characters in
the key/value box as well.

> [...]

Regards,
Sebastian