[OSM-dev] Daily planet diff only 14 bytes

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Mar 5 13:30:25 GMT 2008

In message <47CE9D72.3060702 at gmail.com>
        Ciprian Talaba <cipriantalaba at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> David is (or so I assume) talking about the weekly diff that shows
>> the differences between the main planet files.
>>
>> That is not generated by Osmosis, but by Jon's planetdiff tool.
>
> My mistake.
>
> So probably they made some modifications on the planetdiff tool to be
> able to work with the former Osmosis version, and with the change from
> Sebastian (on Osmosis) the tool is not working. So probably the best
> choice is to check the tool again.

What are you talking about? Omosis has, as I had, nothing at all
to do with this. Nothing. Absolutely 100% nothing.

The diff files at http://planet.openstreetmap.org/ are generated
by taking last weeks planet-XXXXXX.osm.bz2 and this week's one and
using a tool called planetdiff to compute a difference.

Osmosis is not used anywhere in that tool chain so cannot have any
effect on it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)