[OSM-dev] Daily planet diff only 14 bytes

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Mar 5 14:28:26 GMT 2008

In message <47CEA63C.3050901 at gmail.com>
        Ciprian Talaba <cipriantalaba at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> David is (or so I assume) talking about the weekly diff that shows
>> the differences between the main planet files.
>>
>> That is not generated by Osmosis, but by Jon's planetdiff tool.
>
> This is where the whole misunderstanding started. I think David is
> referring to the daily diff files in
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/daily/ which are generated by Osmosis.
> Today (and yesterday) the diff file is only 14 bytes which is not good.

I don't think those as planet diffs you see because they're done from
the database not from planet.

I'm really confused now because that shows that they were working
until the other day, which rather raises the question of what the
fix that Spaetz applied was for... I thought the whole point was
that they weren't working and he was trying to fix them.

By the looks of that my previous fix (telling osmosis not to check
the schema version) had worked and there was no need to do anything
else.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)