[OSM-dev] Internet explorer 8 mess..

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Mar 7 08:23:15 GMT 2008

In message <47D092AD.80102 at web.de>
        Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:

>> Note that I'm not recommending that, simply clarifying that "99%" is an
>> alarmist exaggeration.
>
> Good!
>
>  From reading the thread, I got the impression that the "Richard
> Stallman religious fraction" raises a loud voice against IE. That's all
> ok if you are feeling warm and cosy in the "OSS only" niche, but it's
> probably not the best way to drive a project "for the public".

Oh for crying out loud, can we please stop all this nonsense.

Nobody who actually know what they're talking about has suggested
in any way shape or form that OpenStreetMap will not, when it is
appropriate to do so, support IE8.

There is one very, very simple reason for that, which is that of
course we will support it, and I'm sure OpenLayers will as well.

So can we please just stop all this guessing and pontificating and
random bullshitting and get back to doing something useful.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/