[OSM-dev] Dev&svn accounts

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Mar 7 14:01:22 GMT 2008

In message <9ACC0F05-9D32-4A0A-B097-8C0A8526BCF5 at shaunmcdonald.me.uk>
        Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:

> I already have a patch here (not created a ticket on trac or it yet)
> to stop a user from uploading another file with the same name. Before
> I can go on and implement: upload an archive and only import the files
> that the particular user hasn't uploaded already; I would need to bash
> some implementation ideas from someone who has more knowledge of
> rails.

I may be being dense here, but what's the problem with a user
uploading a second file with the same name?

As for the second part of your scheme, that sounds like it will
encourage people to constantly reupload their entire trace
collection and leave us to fish through and find anything new
and I don't see why that is a desirable thing to have.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/