[OSM-dev] New tool to convert from OSM to SHP

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:15:27 GMT 2008

Hi everybody,

I started the development on a tool that can convert from OSM format to
Shapefile format, as the only tool available in SVN is a pain to use,
and I haven't try to port it on Windows. For this I have created a
project on GoogleCode: http://code.google.com/p/osm2shp/.
It is based on .Net Framework 2.0 and uses a wrapper to connect to
shapelib library. The application is in an early development stage and I
have some ideas on how developped it further, but your inputs are
welcomed anytime.

--Ciprian