[OSM-dev] Advice sought on polygon-with-hole drawing

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 14 01:15:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

> If I understand this correctly, then for a forested island in a lake you'd
> need to have the island twice in the osm data. Once for the hole in the lake
> and once for the forest on the island.

No.

Assuming for a moment that you really wanted to model the forest as a
"hole in the island", which doesn't make a lot of sense to me since I
don't generally map forests as holes in the country, but I understand
it's only a example, then the island would be there only once, be part
of two relations, one where it would play the "outer" role to the
forest and one where it would play the "inner" role to the lake.

Bye
Frederik