[OSM-dev] Data donations by municipalities?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 14 14:20:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Freiburg in Germany is sympathetic to releasing local geoinformation,
> but a precendent case might help to convince officials (told me another
> official). So, are there any cases where towns or municipalities have
> been releasing information (especially in Germany?) I could only name
> Boston so far. If you know examples, please let me know.

Frank Jaeger has some examples (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/L%C3%B6hne), and he will be
giving a talk about importing such data at the FOSSGIS 2008 in two
weeks, in Freiburg, where one of the keynote speakers is probably the
Freiburg guy you spoke to. So it is likely they'll meet there ;-)

Bye
Frederik