[OSM-dev] Proposal: Make relations ordered

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Mar 17 18:34:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Surely one of the unwritten guiding principles of OSM is "don't make
> things complicated just to cater for a few edge cases"?

Allowing an order in relations would not make things more complicated
for the user, only for the writers of editors ;-)

There will always be certain advanced features that are so difficult
to support in Potlatch's easy "dear user you don't have to care be
cause we do it for you" interface. Which is perfectly ok. Potlatch
doesn't *have* to support everything. But "it's difficult to build
into Potlatch" must not become a reason against a new development...

Bye
Frederik