[OSM-dev] Mobile binary protocol

Anton Patiev apatiev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:12:54 GMT 2008

Hi!

On 3/18/08, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

> It's not an official OSM protocol. It is something written by Adam
> Boardmand and implimented by him as a proxy, written in PHP. This proxy
> will fetch the data from the live server and compress it on demand.
> https://svn.symbianos.org/osmtocsv/trunk/

What do you think about integrating this protocol into the OSM server?
I think it would be very useful in some application areas. And, maybe,
we get more performance if it will access database directly, not
through the proxy.

> It's used by WhereAmI, which works, although I don't know what server it
> is using :-)
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WhereAmI

I saw it. It uses Adam's server, hosted on http://www.symbianos.org
(correct me if not :). However, i thought that there is a direct
support by OSM.

Best regards,
Anton Patiev