[OSM-dev] [OSM] Informations about osmarender for Google SoC

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Wed Mar 26 01:23:43 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> writes:

> It may not have become entirely clear from Mario's latest mad
> ramblings ;-) but he started out to write an Osmarender frontend,
> i.e. a GUI app that would let you tweak the Osmarender rule files and
> possibly CSS.

I haven't followed the whole thread too closely so I don't know if
this fits here or at all, but Merkaartor 0.10 (just released) has a
style editor built in, and it loads and writes the style in a simple
XML format
(http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/editors/merkaartor/Styles)

It's so easy that I added a Mapnik-lookalike style in just two
evenings. Similarly, Merkaartor could already act as a simple
previewer tool. It's lacking more advanced styles like bridges and
tunnels etc., and you cannot define stacking order yet, but this
might come.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Merkaartor

Cheers
  Colin