[OSM-dev] Odd data in daily diffs (potlatch related?)

Sat Mar 29 14:21:59 GMT 2008

Jon Burgess wrote:

> I dumped the same data myself with the planet dump tools and it
> produces
> the same invalid output. I have added a line into the planet dump code
> to replace this with a ?.
>
> Now that I have found the links above I should perhaps add an even
> stricter test to drop everything < 32 except for 9, 10 & 13.

When writing ways/POIs to the db, Potlatch replaces anything <32 with
an empty string.

I can add a similar bit of code for relations, but since Potlatch
writes relations using Rails objects rather than raw SQL, I guess it
might be better in the relations model - in particular:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/app/models/
relation.rb#L177

Any objections if I put it there? Steve?

cheers
Richard