[OSM-dev] Relations, landuse, and gml2osm mess

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Mar 30 15:12:15 BST 2008

Hi,

>> I have heard people say that GML supports topology,
>
> Ha!
>
> Given my experiences with GML, it supports topology in some alternate universe
> only.

Thanks. I was suspecting as much, but have often been told by GIS people
that there is support, pointing to some obscure bit of GML docs. They
all seem to think that by converting OSM to GML everything would somehow
magically work because GML is this one coherent data format. Sometimes
I'm tempted to say: "What do you want, all OSM data is in UTF-8, that's
a proper standard, isn't it?"

Bye
Frederik