[OSM-dev] SoC project idea: Wikifikation of OSM

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 20:19:26 BST 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM,  <jn at jonemo.de> wrote:
>  Oh, looking at that it seems like there are plenty of people already
>  working on this. Basically you have done all the thinking and on the
>  Hackathon people will get cracking on it plus there is funding to have
>  this be done so I suppose there isn't really any need to have me do this,
>  right?

Only on the API stuff for changesets. We still need someone to do
comparisons between different databases. For example there was a
postgis port, but I don't know if it ever worked good enough to
benchmark.

These are two orthoginal features, any changeset support is unlikely
to use server-side database transactions.

Have a nice day,