[OSM-dev] Odd data in daily diffs (potlatch related?)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:29:13 BST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
>  Anyway, yell if anybody violently disagrees and thinks there is a bug
>  that needs fixing in osmosis.

While I agree in general, osmoss does currently make the assumption
that any character that appears in a string in the database is
automatically valid XML. I would have expected the XML output creater
to have escaped it to  at least.

However, if we determine that we don't want characters < 32 in the
database then there's no problem. I assume XML accepts newlines inside
attributes OK; I can imagine a case being made for then at some point.

Have a nice day,