[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - same story

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 5 11:19:53 BST 2008

Hi,

> THE API WILL NOT BE CHANGING IN TEN DAYS.

> I don't know who put that date on the wiki, but they certainly didn't
> discuss the date with me first so it is entirely meaningless.

I think I was actually sitting next to TomH when I put that "mid-may"
thing there but I didn't bother asking ;-) sorry if I have set up some
apple carts. I just put in that link without a lot of thought, actually
wanted to write "June" first but then thought that would probably signal
pessimism to everyone else present.

We currently don't have a proper write-up of results, only what is on
the API v0.6 page, but we'll enhance that.

Bart, I'll make sure that you get a personal invitation next time.
Nobody meant to exclude you or say that the software you develop is any
less worthy than other stuff.

As for previous discussion - this wasn't a meeting to devise a new API
version, it was about changesets and rollbacks, and while discussing how
to best do that we decided that we need to bump up the API version to
get rid of a number of issues that would have otherwise made our work
difficult.

It wasn't easy to decide what we want to do even with only 10 people
around. And we were basically only pick'n'micing ideas that have been
floated on the lists for a while.

Bye
Frederik