[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:38:52 BST 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's 1 server and n clients.  How are you measuring easier?

Because the changes required on the server to support multiple
versions is an order of magnitude higher than what is required on the
client side. Plus all the work on the clients can be done prior the
deployment of the new server version. And finally we have M*n people
capable of making the necessary minor modifications to those n clients
and only 3 who can do the major server renovations server making the
client side much more parallelisable.

In an ideal world you may be right, but I feel in this case we're
better off getting the clients to make the first move.

Have a nice day,