[OSM-dev] Lake data from SWBD

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sat May 10 13:40:22 BST 2008

2008/5/10 Ludwig <ludwigbrinckmann at gmail.com>:

> Is there a reason (other than nobody has done it) why the lake data in this
> data set has not loaded into OSM? Are there objections to this data being
> uploaded for lakes only?

I looked at this source for Ireland - mostly with rivers in mind, but
I did look at lakes also. What I found wasn't very impressive. Even
though Ireland is relatively full of lakes, it was easier to get good
results using the lakewalker script (and, more recently, plugin). For
small lakes, the inaccuracy of the data makes it unattractive. For the
larger ones there's not that much point, since a morning with
lakewalker will give you something that you have at least visually
verified against landsat.

Dermot