[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Andreas Putzo andreas at putzo.net
Sat May 10 15:38:58 BST 2008

Hi,

On May 10  11:20, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > Well, users usually just want to use software without keeping an eye
> > on development snapshots or upgrading their system every two week or so.
>
> Then OSM, and JOSM, is not the place where these users should be.
> Maybe we're that static in a few years; until then I suggest these
> people use OpenOffice or something.

Oh come on. Is it really so hard to try to stay downward compatible or
at least provide a transition period when changing the osm api?
It's great to see so much development activity that increases the
quality of the osm data and tools. But stability should also be a
measurment of quality in my opinion.

Regards,
Andreas