[OSM-dev] svn checkout

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat May 10 17:18:22 BST 2008

In message <200805101543.42646.openstreetmap at ostertag.name>
          "Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)" <openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:

> On Samstag 10 Mai 2008, Subhodip Biswas wrote:
> > any solution to it ??
>
> We should review each externel and see if it really is needed as external.
> Other solutions would be:
>  -  making the oter sources mandatory to be installed.
>  - If the external stuff is pureley osm-related; importing the external stuff
>    directly into the osm-repository. This was done with the share/map-icons.
> - More suggestions welcome ...

The problem ones are all rails plugins and are all, to a greater or
lesser extent, required. I was going to import them into our repository
but Steve seemed to prefer them as externals.

In theory having them as externals is a neat idea as it keeps them up
to date, but in practice a lot of them are hosted on not very stable
servers.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)