[OSM-dev] api06 server running on dev

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon May 12 00:35:57 BST 2008

I've now got an api06 server running on dev:

http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/

This server should be up/stable, and I will try to keep it up to date
with SVN; this may mean at some times that the data disappears. You can
download an area with existing data from:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?mlat=60.96112923807585&mlon=30.294359313386256&zoom=11

in JOSM. Example node:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/7, example way:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/1 , example map call:
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=30.26234185765656,60.93559060868204,30.326376769115953,60.986667867469656

(If anyone wants to give me a pointer to a bulk loader that works with
the 0.6 db, I'll run it.)

Things that I've implemented today:

http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/1
 * Browsing of changesets. Does not include bbox, nor does it include
   items in the changeset (which are not possible to find in the
   database yet)

http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/1/close
 * Closing of changesets. (PUT request required)
   * Doesn't yet check user attempting to close the changeset

 * Creating new objects returns versions (node/way/relation)

 * Checking of versions on edits. (This means that you can download
   data, and upload new data, but that you can't edit data, because JOSM
   doesn't support this yet)

Things I tried to work on, but gave up:
 * Object access to support GET /api/0.6/{node|way|relation}/id/version
    This requires more rails foo than I have, becuase it requires
    searching in OldNode by ID. There is some code in the
    old_node_controller to handle this case, but it doesn't work yet.

This should let any client developers test against a server that should
be up/accessible from anywhere (and isn't hosted on my home router ;))

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta