[OSM-dev] Plan: Stop having amf_controller reproject

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon May 12 12:30:10 BST 2008

So, I started hacking on amf_controller last night, and one of the
things that makes amf_controller more 'special' than it needs to be is
server side reprojection with the basex/basey/masterscale stuff.

Having just chatted with Richard, the plan for solving this going
forward is:
 * I create a branch of the rails_port from trunk
 * I change the server side code to work exclusively in lat/lon
 * Richard updates potlatch to match
 * We work with someone (Tom?) to merge the work into trunk
 * Then merge the resulting changes into the api06 branch

This should let the code be a bit less confusing to anyone trying to
work on it; at the very least, it makes the amf API calls not
as potlatch-specific.

I'll probably be working on this during evenings this week. If anyone
has any complaints, let me know.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt