[OSM-dev] diff upload in 0.6

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue May 20 07:09:15 BST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
>> > * when a diff contains 6 changes and the 3th has a problem (outdated version number),
>> > will change 1 and 2 happen? Will change 4, 5 and 6 happen if they are not problematic?
>>
>> Nope, the whole point is that its atomic. Either it all works, or none
>> of it does.
>
> Is this actually the way it is implemented? The code doesn't read that
> way to me...

It's implemented? Without transaction you have to provide a way of
telling people what failed and why and pass back the ID of created
objects. Transactions are less work. In theory it should be just:

1. Request received open transaction
2. Process commands
3. On error, abort else commit

I can imagine the indivudual bits of code don't know they're running
in a transaction.

Have a nice day,