[OSM-dev] Temporary tables for the map query?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon May 26 15:10:02 BST 2008

In message <1211721391.3816.0.camel at test.asus>
          Joachim Zobel <jzobel at heute-morgen.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 24.05.2008, 09:24 +0100 schrieb Alex Wilson:
> > the database using temporary tables
>
> If you start using temporary tables you need to make shure that data
> from temporary tables is not written to the database. INSERT, UPDATE and
> DELETE statements using temporary tables are forbidden.

No they're not. I know this because the potlatch API already does it...

> Otherwise replication is no longer an option.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features-temptables.html

Well you wouldn't want to replicate the temporary tables - they would
just be used for the duration of a single request and would only need
to exist on the server handling that request.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/