[OSM-dev] Temporary tables for the map query?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 21:30:29 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 17:37 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> I'm not sure how well that works when accessed directly from C code
> but I think it can be persuaded to behave sensibly. I know that the
> ruby code always reads all the results into memory but that is a ruby
> issue I think.

The C api can do things one row at a time quite easily.
Ruby can be persuaded to do the same thing too.

  "If you want to suppress automatic result set
  generation by query, set your database handle's
  query_with_result variable to false:

   dbh.query_with_result = false

[ from http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html#TOC_11 ]

I've no idea whether you can convince rails to work with this.

	Jon