[OSM-dev] Dev rails port instance for testing

Tue May 27 11:44:33 BST 2008

Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Catching up on OSM mailing list backlog, this is really interesting! I
> gave up on doing a complete OSM website setup on Mac OSX - it can be
> done probably, but I didn't want to do it just to see whether I could
> contribute in a small way to Potlatch.

Excellent - let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

> By the way, have you been in touch with the gnash guys directly? Do
> you have any experience running Potlatch in it? I spoke to Belgian
> OSMer Mark van den Borre about his, he knows some of the gnash
> developers. We could be in touch to streamline Potlatch-on-gnash,
> which would be a Very Good Thing with regard to portability I'd say.
> There is even a Potlatch-related bug in the gnash bug tracking:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21756

I've been in touch with Sandro Santilli (strk), one of the Gnash devs,
and he's done a lot of work to make Potlatch and Gnash co-operate.
It's an ongoing effort but it's already a lot better than it was a
couple of months ago, I believe. And strk's now an active mapper too. :)

cheers
Richard