[OSM-dev] C++ implementation of the API

Alex Wilson alex_wilson at pobox.com
Fri May 30 08:27:17 BST 2008

I'm taking the printf method below - except streaming out using the apache
module interface rather than stdout. I'm also streaming as much stuff from
the db as possible (nodes, ways, . However I believe for the map query
there's a trade-off between local process memory usage and minimising db
queries: For instance when outputting the ways, one can either have
previously built up a local dictionary of way ids to way tag key-value
pairs, or one can query the db each time for the tags for each way. I've
chosen the former - because in C/C++ I think the overhead of storing the
strings locally is fairly minimal.

Should have an example C++ api serving from an apache module online soon.

Alex