[OSM-dev] C++ implementation of the API

Alex Wilson alex_wilson at pobox.com
Fri May 30 09:36:07 BST 2008

Ah. good point - a sensible third way. Apologies for missing it, I'm a
relative SQL novice. However, if you fetch the tags along with the ways
using a join, given that there are potentially many tags per way - couldn't
you end up with considerable duplication of the way data in the query
result? I suppose one would have to profile both the join method and my
local storage method to see which had better memory and time performance.

Alex

Can't you use a join to fetch the tags along with the ways and then