[OSM-dev] arbitrariness of relations [was: HEADS UP osmosis pgsql schema users]

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:03:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Roland Olbricht <roland.olbricht at gmx.de> wrote:
> Note that the relations in the database currently only rarely
> obey the consensus on the wiki page

"obey the consensus on the wiki page"

That's really, really back to front. If the wiki page and what's in
the database are in disagreement, it's the *wiki page that is wrong*.
Every time, no exceptions.

The wiki is there to document things. When we say "free wiki world
map" we mean that the database is wiki-like, not that we're using
wiki.openstreetmap.org to make the map or run the project.

Cheers,
Andy