[OSM-dev] The wiki defines the database

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 4 21:53:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

Ben Supnik wrote:
> So as an author of a client app I can either:
> - Let them enter whatever they want and try to make sense of it later or
> - Provide some guidance on the wiki and then compare that to actual use.

Our eternal argument on this list revolves around the fact that those
who write on the Wiki and those who write client apps are disjunct
groups of people, with the application writers doing what they want
(it's their spare time after all) and the Wiki contributors assuming
that they just have to cast a vote and the world will listen.

Bye
Frederik