[OSM-dev] The wiki defines the database (was: relations)

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:15:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Any proposed features that see significant real world usage make there
>> way onto the map_features page.
>
> Well, I've recently added some often used tags indicated by tagwatch to
> the Map Features page. It wasn't easy for me to write a good tag
> description, as I couldn't get it from the database or any proposals.
>
> There are still some tags that are in significant use that I didn't
> added to Map Features, just because I wasn't sure what they really meant ...

Perhaps extract users using this tag from the extended API download,
and mail them?

I've included a hack that does that, but osmxapi includes all lots of
extra data you don't need so it's abit slow. Example:

perl UserStat.pl FIXME survey
user:usage
emj:49
maning:3
JeolF:1
Kekoil:1
casualwalker:1

$k=$ARGV[0];
$v=$ARGV[1];
die("Usage $0 <tag key> <tag value>") if($k eq "" || $v eq "");

open(XAPI, "curl 'http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way\\[$k=$v\\]'|");

while(<XAPI>){
   $user= $1 if(/ user=.([^'"]+)/);
   $stat{$user}+=1 if(/k=.FIXME. v=.survey./);
}

print "user:usage\n";
foreach $user (sort {$stat{$b} <=> $stat{$a} } keys %stat){
   print "$user:$stat{$user}\n"
}

/Erik