[OSM-dev] XML Schema

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Sat Nov 8 13:17:20 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 November 2008, 00:29:11, Matt Amos did write:
> i've also worked with XML Schema (with a big 'S') and found it to be
> unwieldy and ultimately unhelpful. something more human-readable would
> be better :-)

It's a good example of what Frederik is afraid of OSM "becoming" (for want of
a better word), and rightly so.

> its not too late for comments, but it might be too late to implement them
;-)

Have now made these here FWIW:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6#Late_comments_on_the_interface

I'm sure I had more to add, but can't think of it at the minute. Will add when
I remember.

On why I thought it as too late: I inferred from some discussion on the lists
that the API design was locked down. The wiki page was pretty messy until
recently.

I have been keeping notes on my thoughts about the API for a little while, but
I'm having trouble digging them up now. Might have been only in my head. :~(
This weekend of yours sure snuck up on me.

Happy hacking!