[OSM-dev] XML Schema

Stefan Ziegler stefan.ziegler_zst at gmx.de
Sat Nov 15 12:46:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have added an XML schema file describing the osm format 0.5.
I have testet it with "xmllint -schema osm-0.5-schema.xml osmfile"
Someone said, a schema file would be better for code generation and testing.
(xmllint can also use dtd).

The file format is defined by the programs who reads/writes the osm xml data.
So if the api accepts a file or output data, which doesn't match to this schema,
then the schema will be corrected, not the program.

Stefan Ziegler.
--
Diplom-Informatiker,
Homepage: http://www.stefanziegler-online.de/