[OSM-dev] Wiki Language Bar Template - Feedback Required

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Nov 18 01:59:52 GMT 2008

Devs,

Currently there is a trial language bar template on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers

The template auto-magically works out existing translations of the page
and also lists the missing translations. The idea is to hide the
'Missing Translation' entries behind a little show/hide button (default
hidden) in the top right of bar, controlled by onload javascript [1] and
css [2]

BUT! I would like to gauge what people think of the language bar
template and the js + css  before pushing it out more widely. Ideally it
would replace the existing plethora of page specific language bars on
the wiki.

Only the 'Missing Translations' section requires the JS+CSS hacks.
Personally I don't like the 'Missing Translations' section but am
interested to hear from others.

Better alternatives?

/ Grant

1: Not live, please check: