[OSM-dev] Uptime problems of xapi.openstreetmap.org?

Fri Nov 21 08:45:33 GMT 2008

Stefan Keller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What are the core problems not being able to keep those Xapi services
> up, especially xapi.openstreetmap.org?

Note, that I'm no XAPI maintainer. IMO there are at least 3 computers
running xapi services:

- 1 owned by OSM located in UCL is reliable but on a weak machine
- 1 donated by bearstech which had a hard disk failure
- 1 hosted on hypercube.telascience.org which is quite a powerful box.
unfortunately it uses NFS mounted disk space with a history of outages
and performance problems over the last weeks (months?)