[OSM-dev] Some statistics for file-format -development

Marcus Wolschon marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:59:27 GMT 2008

2008/11/21 Matthias Brandt <mb at blau.de>:
> Marcus Wolschon wrote:
>>

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:MarcusWolschon/osmbin_draft#statistics
>>
>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p5alGmffVt6gMsh_x2iXzew
>>
>> They may be usefull for others doing similar tasks.
>>

> Thanks a lot! This is really healpful for me!

I ran into an outOfMemory-Exception memory-mapping the file when importing
Baden-Württemberg.
The current statistics are about a city, this new run should provide more
representative data.  However it will take a while to change the architecture
of my code to not require memory-mapping all of the binary-file while writing.
(I did not think this would become an issue for file-sizes of about 100MB)

Marcus