[OSM-dev] wiki problems

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Fri Nov 21 14:40:27 GMT 2008

sylvain letuffe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> The wiki is down again...
>
> Are there any help someone with few programming skills but high admin sys
> skills could provide to help the wiki operate better ?
>
> Is the wiki installed on a dedicated machine, does someone can provide me a
> link to the wiki's visitors stats, load stats ? Is there somewhere an
> explanation of how the wiki is architecturaly installed ?
> ( mysql DB ? mysql server ? php ? config files )
>
> Can I get in touch with actual sys admins ? Is my help anyhow wanted ?

Time to start a new hardware funding drive I think. We also need a new
API internal database server.

The problem is load based and the server struggling to keep up.

The 'Map Features' page on cache purge is blocking other requests. Load
spikes.

The server is not dedicated and shared with the Mailing Lists, SVN and a
few other minors.

The email on squid error page is valid.

/ Grant