[OSM-dev] Computing OSM data

Hansen Akio.Hansen at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 14:29:17 GMT 2008

Hi Andreas,

can you give us an example for what do you need this huge free computing
power? Perhaps "Distributed Computing" like SETI at Home or Tiles at Home could be
a good solution for your problem. I am a member of the German Grid Computing
club "Rechenkraft e.V.". Our goal is to provide the knowledge and
infrastructure for further Grid Computing projects. We created our own
project "YoYo at home", which integrates an existing application into BOINC
(the main software for Grid Computing). So, we have some experience at
creating Grid Computing projects. If you are interested in it or if you have
any further questions, you can write a new topic at our message board
(www.rechenkraft.net) or you send me a mail.

Good luck for your projects!
Bye,

Akio