[OSM-dev] OSMXAPI to be ported? (Was Re: Lean and mean Tile- and XML-API-Server)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 21:38:56 GMT 2008

handlerosm uses Cherokee webserver and MonetDB.

Other OSM tools require MySQL and PostgreSQL/PostGIS: We don't want to
load 150GB of data in three databases...!!! And many like to maintain
only one webserver (Apache) and no other at the same time.

Assuming that handlerosm isn't tied to the webserver, so that the
replacement of Cherokee with Apache should be no problem!?

How much of work would you estimate would be to replace MonetDB with
MySQL or (even better) PostgreSQL?

-- Stefan