[OSM-dev] Data corruption :) II

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Nov 23 19:18:03 GMT 2008

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Um, so are you trying to say that MonetDB cannot cope with a single osm
> planet under default settings? How do you think it will cope when it has
> all the history loaded too?

Using the current code it will not able to load the hash table of
14GB(!) into 2GB RAM and 4GB swap. Of the way_nds and the tags tables.
But since I already loaded the complete system using a little more
memory I don't have any doubts I'll get this to work with a little bit
more swap space.

But there is some work done to by default use a mmaped hash table,
instead of first trying real memory. And there is X100 ;) but you need
to read papers about that.

But great you mention it :) Where can we get the history tables from? :)

Stefan