[OSM-dev] Data corruption :) II

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Nov 24 11:06:48 GMT 2008

Dave Stubbs wrote:
> There was a Potlatch bug early on (my fault), which has now been
> fixed, that'll be responsible for referencing the low numbered nodes.

Resolvement scenario? Undelete or remove members?

> The root of the problem, however (as has been stated many times
> before), is lack of transactions and foreign key constraints in the
> 0.5 API.
> This is being fixed in the 0.6 API.

Foreign key constraints are part of the typical database; not an API
matter. If implemented it still wouldn't require transactions only a
proper order of querying.

But from someone that is a better expert than myself on MySQL nobody is
fan of locking here?

Stefan