[OSM-dev] 0.5 API: /api/0.5/user/preferences, values truncated to 256 chars

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:37:36 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Chris Browet <cbro at semperpax.com> wrote:
>> The update method drops all existing prefs (#L85) and has the 150
>> limit. The update_one method seems more useful, and doesn't have a
>> limit, as far as I can see.
>>

> Thanks.
>
> Not having the slightest knowledge of Ruby/rails, how is this "update_one"
> translated in term of HTTP request?

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port_branches/api06/config/routes.rb#L59
map.connect "api/#{API_VERSION}/user/preferences/:preference_key",
:controller => 'user_preference', :action => 'update_one', :conditions
=> { :method => :put }

... suggests you want to PUT to /0.6/user/preferences/(put key here)

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port_branches/api06/app/controllers/user_preference_controller.rb?rev=12071#L18
	      pref.v = request.raw_post.chomp
suggests that it's just a plain text payload that gets chomped to
become the value. But I haven't tested that.

Cheers,
Andy