[OSM-dev] 0.5 API: /api/0.5/user/preferences, values truncated to 256 chars

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Nov 25 17:48:51 GMT 2008

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Considering that no one until now has started using preferences, can
> this wait until API 0.6?

Some people are really eager to postpone everything that sounds
'reasonable' to 0.6 is released. Maybe it would be a good argument if a
deadline for 0.6 is set?

Is this problem at all addressed in 0.6? I'm quite surprised by this
thread because I always was under the impression k and v sizes were
unbounded. The choice for 256 is also very strange, 255 would have made
much more sense.

Stefan