[OSM-dev] 0.5 API: /api/0.5/user/preferences, values truncated to 256 chars

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:53:27 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
> Matt Amos wrote:
>> i think the problem might be *agreeing* about the deadline in the
>> first place :-)
>
> Then it might be better to never use any argument as 'wait till 0.6' because
> it could take till March... It might be even reasonable to migrate in 4
> months.

making changes now requires implementing them in two places and, as
tom points out, re-testing anything done so far on API 0.6 that might
have changed.

on the other hand, pushing stuff back to after 0.6 means we have an
incentive to get 0.6 done quicker, if we want to see those features
:-)

cheers,

matt